Survivors of Suicide (SOS), a service of EMPACT-Suicide Prevention Center, is a support program for those whose common bond is the loss of a loved one to suicide. The program allows members to have the emotional support of others who have shared the trauma of this event. The focus of the program is on emotional healing and survival. LOSS (Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors) is a free service offered to friends and family who have recently lost a loved one to suicide. LOSS Teams, made up of two or three trained responders who themselves are Survivors of Suicide, are available to:
- Provide immediate support and encouragement to new survivors.
- Offer resources and referrals for counseling and support groups.
- Answer commonly asked questions after a suicide.
- Facilitate hope and understanding to handle devastating grief.
TO REQUEST A LOSS FOLDER with supportive resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Relationship to the individual who died by suicide
For more information about support groups, the LOSS Team, or the Stay Connected Newsletter, please visit: empactsos.org