- Suicide, the act of taking one's own life, is a leading cause of death in Arizona.
- Approximately 1,200 people die from suicide in Arizona each year.
- There is an estimated 25 attempts for every death by suicide; 100-200 for youth; 4:1 for older adults.
- Mortality from suicide, which increases steadily through the teens, is the second leading cause of death at that age.
- The number of suicides in Arizona are triple the number of homicides.
- Arizona ranks in 17th in the US for highest rate of suicide; 6th for older adults and 19th for youth ages 15-24.